WELCOME TO MY SCHOOL WEBPAGE!
School Counselor: Shannon Rockwell
Please feel free to call or email me if you have any comments, concerns or need help regarding your student(s) adjustment in school.
Elementary School Counselors Believe…
- Children have dignity and worth as human beings.
- Children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- Children are capable of making responsible choices.
- Attitudes formed during elementary school shape future attitudes toward learning, self and society.
Elementary School Counselors Help …
- Children develop a better understanding and acceptance of themselves.
- Children cope with family changes.
- Children develop decision making and problem solving skills.
- Children develop socially and emotionally, to mature in their relations with others.
- Children to understand themselves in relation to their own development.
- Parents understand their children's emotions, behaviors, and learning styles, and assist them in meeting their child's needs.
- School staff, teachers and administrators understand and meet the needs of all students in intellectual, personal, social and emotional areas.
- Parents and teachers create a positive learning environment.